[Title Page] [List of
Genera] Comparison of Drawings] [Regional
Keys to Genera] [Descriptions of New Taxa] [Geographical
Distribution] [Color Photographs]
[Scanning Microphotographs] [See
also Catalogue: Mendoza pulchra] [Genus Mendoza: List
Salticidae: Diagnostic Drawings Library
by Jerzy Proszynski 1997
No. 0354 Japan;
of males questioned
by Logunov 1999b: 56-57)
1. by Proszynski 1976: holotype from Japan: Nagano Pref.
abdomen gold with median streak blue and lateral spots velvet black
2. by Wesolowska 1981 (according to Logunov 1999b: 55-57 - male considered
3. by Logunov D.V., Wesolowska W. 1992 (according to Logunov 1999b: 55-57
- male mismatched)
4. Logunov, 1999b: f 127-128
1. by Proszynski <===================>5. Logunov, Marusik 2000
5. Documentation of description:
a) original label in Proszynski 1976: 187 - at the time considered "provisional publication of drawings"
of the holotype - a specimen "striking as being most beautiful Salticid in the area: abdomen gold with
median streak blue and lateral spots velvet black"
b) efforts to save name "Marpissa pulchra" - description in Weso;owska 1981a: 66 -
paratypes supposedly "being faded", specimens from Korea
The precedesns of recognition of names incompletely described was given by the following case:
N. I. Platnick 2005. The World Spider Catalog, Version 5.0 (Internet). Comment to Bathippus kochi:
"omitted by Roewer, considered a nomen nudum by Bonnet, but Simon provided purportedly diagnostic
information and the specific name is therefore valid". That description is quoted below:
Source: Original drawings by J. Proszynski published in Proszynski J. 1976.
Studium systematyczno-zoogeograficzne nad rodzina Salticidae (Aranei)
Regionow Palearktycznego i Nearktycznego. Rozprawy Wyzszej Szkoly Pedagogicznej,
6. Siedlce: 51, figs 412-41, map 123. With Author's and Editor's permission.
Bohdanowicz, Proszynski 1987: 86-88, ff. 132-134.
See Next Related Species
See Previous Related Species
2. Wesolowska 1981a: 66-67, ff. 67-74. 3. Logunov D.V., Wesolowska W. 1992.
The jumping spiders (Araneae, Salticidae) of Khabarovsk Province (Russian
Far East). Ann. Zool. Fennici, 29: 128-129, figs 16-17. 4. Logunov, 1999b: 55,
f 127-128. By courtesy
5. Logunov D.V., Marusik Y.M. 2000. Catalogue of the jumping spiders of northern
Asia (Arachnida, Araneae, Salticidae). KMK Scientific Press Ltd., Moscow:
137, map 9. With Author's and Editor's permission. With Authors' and Editors'
Copyright © for the page by J. Proszynski, 1999.